COVID-19 Policy Statement for MN Head and Neck Pain Clinic
We are dedicated to providing a safe and healthy office for emergency patient visits and workplace for all our workers.
To ensure that, we have developed in-office processes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic so that everyone is offered as safe an experience as possible. All Minnesota Head & Neck Pain Clinic (MHNPC) managers and workers are trained and responsible for implementing this policy. Our goal is service your emergency pain treatment while mitigating the potential for transmission of COVID-19 during your visit.
We are committed to helping prevent COVID-19 from spreading and more people needing treatment .
July 25, 2020 Face Mask Update
As of July 25, 2020, per the MN Governor’s Face Mask Executive Order 20-81
, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and businesses, unless alone.
“A face covering must be worn to cover the nose and mouth completely, and can include a paper or disposable face mask, a cloth face mask, a scarf, a bandanna, a neck gaiter, or a religious face covering. Minnesotans are encouraged to refer to CDC guidance on How to Make Cloth Face Coverings”.
Essentially, our current pain treatment appointments are done by telemedicine
. Pain consultations for chronic TMJ
, facial pain, headaches
, neck pain and obstructive sleep apnea
are available. Additionally, we provide follow-up care for all of our patients. MHNPC physical therapists and health psychologist are doing consultation and follow-up care in addition to our doctors.
The health and safety of our workers and patients is our top priority. Our COVID-19 Policy follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines and federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 by addressing:
- Hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Engineering and administrative controls for social distancing
- Housekeeping – cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination
- Prompt identification and isolation of sick persons
- Communications and training for all managers and pain treatment staff
- Management and supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of this policy.
These policies and procedures are being implemented to assess patients’ and workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace. Each individual is responsible to check and report if/when they are sick or experiencing symptoms.
Avoiding COVID-19 Possible Infections
- Ask you to avoid bringing family, friends or other individuals with you into your emergency appointment.
- Request that you limit the number of individuals traveling with your or sharing your vehicle used to arrive.
- Workers and visitors are prohibited from gathering in groups in our external and internal confined areas.
- Check your temperature when you arrive.
- Ask you to wash your hands upon arrival following basic infection prevention guidelines.
- Ask you wear a mask, if possible.
- Require you to cover your cough or sneeze.
- Tissues and trash receptacles available to all workers and visitors.
- Follow up with you after you have left your appointment to see if you are okay.
MHNPC’s Preparation for your Emergency Pain Clinic Visit
We will make every effort to do the following:
- Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented,including routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment, tools and machinery, and areas in the work environment, including restrooms, break rooms, lunch rooms and meeting rooms.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, elevator panels, railings, copy machines, etc.
- Additional communication and training will be ongoing with staff as we gain new insights on how to protect everyone from COVID-19 risks.
NOTE: We can walk you through self-care at-home physical therapy treatment through a viritual visit with our pain clinic specialists.
This COVID-19 Policy has been carefully by MN Head and Neck Pain Clinic management and everyone throughout our office locations has been notified. We are committed to protecting our patients, staff, and community while we continue to address emergent pain treatments in the office as necessary. This policy will be updated as necessary.
Schedule your E-Visit pain consultation by calling (763) 577-2484 or
DATE: April 24, 2020
UPDATED: Feb 9, 2021
Supplemental COVID-19 Pandemic Information
1. MN Dept of Health: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
2. Handwashing: When and How to Wash Your Hands
3. Respiratory etiquette: How to Protect Yourself and Others
4. Housekeeping: Cleaning And Disinfecting Your Home
NOTE: We can walk you through self-care at-home physical therapy treatment
through a viritual visit with our pain clinic speccialists.